Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Tour Guide?

Imagine only being in a place for three months and already showing the new people around. I am so not qualified to do that, but I did it anyway! Last week a new CSS arrived in my building - she will be working with the English teachers. She mentioned yesterday that she has not had the chance to do the tourist thing, so I told her that I would at least show her around a little bit. Tonight we took her around the city to point out some good shopping and site seeing then we took her to a restaurant called the Lebanese Flower. It was weird showing someone else around but I think we covered the big places that everyone likes to visit besides she has lived in at least three other countries and seems pretty independent so she will be fine!
On a completely different note - we are finally getting ALL of our stuff shipped over to us!!! I am so excited! It has been a struggle and the first company we tried to get to ship our stuff literally wanted to put it on a ship and it wouldn't arrive for 6 weeks. Now we are hooked up with a real company - UPS - so we can ship our stuff by plane and have it within the next 15 days or so. It will be so great to finally have our things. We have learned that having items from home with help with homesickness, so I think those pictures and other fun things will arrive just in time :) Ah, soon to be settled in.