Sunday, June 14, 2009

Worldwide Job Insecurity

I find myself again wondering if I will have a job next year. It seems that I have spent the last 3 and a half years of my life wondering what's going to happen to my job and where will I be for the next school year.

My last job had constant struggles with their contract. Would it be renewed? Maybe not... That's why I left - who can deal with that type of insecurity? And in "good economic times" too.

Anyway, the media keeps it hush hush that the UAE is having a hard time during this so-called worldwide "crisis" of the economy, but they are hurting too. Levi and I thought that at least my job would be here next year and so we decided to stay, now we are not so sure. Budgets are being cut by the government for these school improvement projects, so that means people have to go. The only saving grace is that possibly we will still obtain new schools and I will be able to stay. They have been dangling new high schools in front of our faces for a few months now, but we will not know anything until after July 5th. By then I will be camping in the Colorado mountains with friends and family.

I am trying not to worry too much because I do feel that we will be awarded a new high school, but there is still the nagging doubt in the back of mind. How will I survive the next three weeks at a school that I know I will NOT be at next year? And, then, how do I survive the remaining three weeks in limbo? I guess I've done it before and I will do it again...

No comments: