Saturday, May 16, 2009

Single and Dancing

Okay the title is a little misleading... yes, I am currently without my husband AND on Thursday night I saw some great flamenco dancing!

I realized today that being without my husband has been a little weird and a little nice too. I have never lived on my own, so the two and a half weeks without him was quite the experience. Even though my mom is here I still feel the difference of being temporarily single.

I looked at my bed today. I don't make my bed in the morning (I know - shame for shame) but it's funny because half the bed is still made. I have tugged a little bit on the top blanket but for the most part it is laid out and smooth! Also, I did some laundry and I placed it on the bed to be put away, but I never did get back to it and there it lies still! If Levi had been here I would have put the laundry away, but it's in nobody's way and it's so convenient for me. Oh dear! What have I started?!

For two weeks I also did not have to worry about: what's for dinner? what's for lunch? what do you want to do today? It was all about me: I'm hungry now and I don't feel like cooking much so I will have popcorn for dinner or just a small sandwich. I think I will just lounge on the couch today or I will have lunch with a friend impromptu.

Even though I have enjoyed my time alone and do not want to give up what I do have with Levi. I am starting to miss him terribly and I still have 7 weeks until we see each other again... I hope I can survive!

On a lighter note, my mother and I went to see the "Paco Pena Flamenco Dance Company" at Abu Dhabi Culture and Heritage. I was very entranced by the dancing - it's so amazing! There were 2 male dancers and 1 female along with 3 guitarists, 1 percussionist, 1 female singer and 1 male singer. There were so many ways to rearrange this amount of people that it made it fun. Even though the male dancers were performing most of the time it was still fun for all of us. The female dancer did accompany one guitarist on castenets, but not while she was dancing (what a beautiful sound though).

In the end we all felt how amazing the whole performance was and we were glad that we could participate in such a great, FREE event!!!

1 comment:

Fo-Bow said...

It is nice to have the freedom to eat whenever, whatever you want, huh?! Even though Aaron and I aren't formal with dinners, I still feel like grazing isn't always kosher. Oh, well :)

-Jill