Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Southeast Colorado

A few months ago I took a business trip down to southeast Colorado. I've never really been out that way, so I decided to take some pictures to share my journey.

This is a railroad bridge on the way to La Junta. I think it's very simple and "old skool" so I couldn't resist taking a pic.

 Corn fields are always amazing to see right before they're cut down.

I think this house looks very much like an old plantation. I was driving past so I didn't get the best shot, but you get the idea.

Rocky Ford has a great announcement to their township. I've never seen anything like this!

Rocky Ford grows all kinds of fruits and veggies - I regret not stopping on my way out of town.


This was my destination - La Junta, Colorado - although not super exciting it was something different.

On my way back home I stopped and met up with my in-laws for dinner. They took my a this BBQ place on the side of I-25. Not too bad for a highway joint.

As you approach Pueblo from the south you see this lone windmill on the side of the road.
It was a warm trip - I had the AC on - but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing new sites!

No comments: